Monday, December 30, 2013

Camp Stitchalot - An Overdue Weekend in Review.

My 241 Tote accidentally matches my wallet!
It's been a bit of a whirlwind in the past two several weeks since I returned home from Camp Stitchalot. It's hard to find a moment to sit down and review.

Our teachers: Jeni, Anna, and Debbie
First of all I have to say a great big "Thank You!" to Rossie, who picked me up and dropped me off at the MegaBus stop! Thanks so much Rossie - (and Mr. Rossie who made us delicious soup after camp on Sunday!) you really made it possible for me to attend camp!

All the finished stuff I made on retreat! 
Next I'll say that it was a really spectacular weekend!

Oh yeah, and I made a zillion of these flying geese - thanks to the die cutters on hand!
I was lucky enough to be able to rent a Bernina for the weekend - I couldn't risk traveling by bus with my Juki! The Bernina was nice, not fast fast - but not super slow either. The machine operated nicely and had a decent stitch quality - I missed Juki just a little. :)

AMH Flying geese and Kona Curry! My fave!
Over the course of the weekend we enjoyed three classes from our "camp counselors" Jeni, Anna, and Debbie. We made a pillow, a purse, and potholders. I also spent some time working on zip pouches and a zillion flying geese. 

The weekend was a real breath of fresh air in my busy schedule, and I'd love to go again. I really recommend it if you're looking for a fun and low-key retreat!


1 comment: