Monday, January 20, 2014

Economy Block Along


Have you all seen the cute economy blocks / square in square blocks popping up all over (instagram #economyblockalong)? A couple weeks ago I jumped in and made 12 of them. Mine are 5" finished blocks pieced according to the tutorial on Rita / Red Pepper Quilts' blog.


I cut all the pieces ahead of time and then chain pieced them all at once. It was a fun little project, but now I need to decide on a color for a large (off center?) border around them so they'll finish as as mini quilt for my wall. I'm considering Moda Bella Strawberry. I think the colors pop with it... and I have some on hand. It seems like whenever I buy yardage of solids I use them immediately in EVERY project until they're all gone. That's not a problem right now, since I recently bought yardage of Kona Curry and Bella Strawberry. These are my favorite two solids and they seem to go pretty well together I think. 

I'll certainly have to come back to this little economy quilt top sometime soon - I have a couple serious quilt deadlines to work around right now so this one is on the back burner for a little while. 

1 comment: